Friday 11 March 2022

Kia Ora from Miss Johns!

Kia Ora,

 

My name is Sophie, I am currently in my fifth term of the postgraduate diploma in Primary Teaching at the New Zealand Graduate School of Education. My degree is in Physical Education, Health and Wellness. I enjoy playing and coaching different sports, the beach, biking, and anything outdoors.

 

I have really enjoyed getting to know your children and working with them so far this term. I am keen to post some of the work we are completing for you to see and enjoy. Please leave comments or questions if you wish!  

 

While our year 6’s were at camp our Year 5s completed a Polynesian inspired Tapa Cloth. We learned about some of the history and background to Tapa and we learned about using positive and negative space in our designs.

 

We are reading the Novel Wonder as a class at the moment. Last week we completed a visual response. Students wrote sentences about themselves/words that described them. The idea was (as the book suggests) to not judge people by their looks but by what makes them unique.

 

Nga mihi,

Sophie Johns 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment